1 November 2009

Off my chest....on a personal note...


Ok now just for the record, I'm a very firm believer in Sunday being a day of rest.....and fuck do I love Sundays! It's the perfect day for sleeping in, lazy sex, eating too much, watching crap tv, doing the grocery shop in yoga pants and Uggs, taking an extra 5 minutes in the bath/shower, finishing that book, taking a walk, getting an early night, & having the breakfast you never have time to make/eat during the week.  Sounds great right? Who'd pass up on that?  I know I have....


We all miss out and most of the time I doubt we even realise we're doing it.  We never take time out of our busy week to stop and sit back, just for a second, and reflect on....well....everything.  If it's not work it's family and if it's not family then it's friends. Stress, pressure, deadlines, complaints, demands.  Things to remember, people to please, places to be. *sigh*


Do you ever wonder what would happen if you just slowed the fuck down? If you turned off the blackberry for an hour? If you had that damn doughnut, wore those goofy slippers, let the kids get their clothes dirty, took that lunch break and left the housework until tomorrow? 


Last week, I found out that Alzheimer's disease is the most common cause of dementia, affecting around 417,000 people in the UK, for which there is currently no cure.  My Gran is warm, selfless, kind & good, with an overwhelming capacity to love & to give. I also found out that she is one of those 417,000 people. She is the most beautiful person I have and next year she might not even know who I am.


Some of the very best things in life are free. Don't take them for granted.  Say I love you, even if your scared shitless, even if they might not fucking remember it tomorrow.




Photobucket


"Flower, God Bless you and keep you safe" - Taken from a letter to me.  The handwriting is my Grans.


<3

10 comments:

SBGDGT said...

I had wondered where that came from when I saw it the other day. Now that I know, it brought a tear to my eye. :*)

Life is too short and sometimes things happen to those we love. You're right that most of the time we are just go, go, go. I am so sorry about your Gran, but it's obvious you'll make the most of what you have. That was the only advice I could have given you. :)

Tina Quick said...

Aww Bex, what a beautiful heartfelt post. Thank you for sharing *hugs*

bierbeck said...

I wholeheartedly agree. My mom died when I was 27, she was only 54. I very much try not to sweat the small stuff even though it is sometimes very hard to do. Although I am the queen of leaving the housework until tomorrow:) or never! Especially lately I am really trying to find what makes me happy and then do it. Right now what makes me happy is Twilight and fanfiction. Even though it causing serious problems with my husband I am not giving it up because I love it!

Thanks for sharing Bex- love you!

itsjustme said...

Very nice, Bex, thank you

Danny said...

This Tat has a wonderful story and it made me sad reading about your gran. all my best for you *hugs*

Betti Gefecht said...

You just came in through a crack in my heart, that I thought had closed a long time ago.
There you are now... 'nuff said.

Anonymous said...

im sorry

Anonymous said...

Oh, honey.
That tattoo is beautiful, as you are, as your gran is.

God bless.

Bitches said...

That is such a sweet tattoo, especially being in her handwriting! I'm so sorry to hear about your Gran. *hug*

Bex said...

I'm gonna keep this super short because I know exactly what I want to say here….. :)

Firstly, I'm sorry for going so emo on your asses. It's not a habit of mine, please don't disown me!

Secondly, your kind words mean an awful lot to me. I'm truly touched.

Lastly, and most importantly, I adore & heart you ladies all the way to Forks and back. <3 I'm a fucking lucky girl! *grin*

 
Blog designed by Twispired Blogdesign using Kimla's Letter to Heaven kit